2017 Drawing Marathon
Saturday, Feb 25th 2017
8pm – 1am
Vampire Girls from Hell / Free beer all night
Quiet Mormon girl escapes the farm travels on bus to NY, gets bitten in the night, and ends up falling in love with art. She wants you to create art, draw from life, drink beer, make a creative community!
As Jadda Cat lures her victims in to see her perform for hours and hours, no break, watch this spectacle drawathon mayhem and drink the beer! She will seduce guests to join her on stage! Vampire movies and great music playing all night! Come in costume! This is a limited artist group with great music, tons of visuals, the offbeat unusual creative meetup every Saturday at Michael Alan’s studio in Bushwick, NY!
Free beer sponsored by Smart Beer!
There is an option to FaceTime during the show if you can’t make it! Watch the performance, or we will put you on stage as you act wild for everyone to see!
Michael is opening up his studio to the public for this event! This is a rare opportunity where you can come to draw, and spend hours up close to his work! The room is filled with work to view. A team of people come to help organize the work every week, putting his newest works on display. Michael is welcoming to all who come. You’ll have the chance to see Michael draw, and show him your work as well! Come be a part of this special event!
A surreal warm creative experience for anyone with an open heart mind soul that wants to connect with other like minded weirdos!
“The best drawing experience in NYC” Art In America
This ticket includes non stop model drawing, an in depth tour of Michael’s studio, music, great lighting and non stop poses set up, if you want Michael to go over your work he will. He taught at SVA for 2 years, and does lectures in various galleries, spaces and publications.
This is not a venue. When you get your ticket, please write a little about yourself as the event takes place in Michael Alan’s personal studio. Let us know who you are and how you heard about us, send a link to your work, ask questions, we want to get to know you!
There are no refunds. We are keeping the price cheap at $20 so that everyone can come and make art! Please support so that we can keep this going!
Chill atmospheric drawing music all night, come draw with him, or just watch the creation take place!
Takes place in Bushwick, a few blocks from the Jefferson stop! Address is sent when ticket bought!
Bring small sketchbooks or pads, paper, not a large easel as SPACE is LIMITED! Please be courteous and make sure others have room to draw. There is a coat rack in the hallway to leave coats, shoes, and bags.
Open to all ages, all styles and skill levels from beginners to masters! Michael will be drawing all night so feel free to draw with him!
Gift tickets to others! Buy more than one if you can! Get a ticket even if you can’t attend! Do what you can to support!
This is all about drawing the body! It is a safe, cozy place for you to come and feel creative. It is not a party!
A few selected works out of over 50 publications about Michael Alan’s work and Draw-A-Thon!
Press Links – Spreading the Love
Feel the Love
- Bedford & Bowery (Oct 2016) "A ‘Crazy, Vampire-Eating Insane Festival’ Is Coming to Bushwick"
- Neon Pajamas - "All Mediums, No Prejudice // An Interview with Michael Alan Alien" (Dec 2016)
- Bowery Boogie (Jan 2016)
- Bedford and Bowery
- UrbGraffiti: Living Installation
- UrbGraffiti: Solo Show Review
- The Dapifer
- The Forumist
- Creem Magazine
- Art Nerd: Talking Depression
- New York Optimist
- Timeout Magazine
- U-Own Gallery
- Art Nerd
- Ladder and Key
- DNA Info
- Vice.com - Creator Project
- Immortal Questions
- 12oz Prophets
- Powder Zine
- Bomarr Blog
- Bushwick Artist Bounces Back After Medical Scare for Chelsea Show
- Uncapped: Michael Alan Art is So Much More Than a Living Installation
- Beautiful Savage’s Artist Interview: Michael Alan Talks Living Installation
- Huffington Post’s “Michael Alan review solo exhibition’”
- Read Art-Fuse “Michael Alan review’”
- Huffington Post’s “Michael Alan to Perform at ‘New Museum Untapped’”
- Huffington Post’s “Performing Life, Living Art: Michael Alan
- Read Art 21′s “Creating a Visual Language: The Art of Michael Alan”
- Watch Marie Claire Italy’s video of Michael Alan’s Living Installation “The Wedding/Vampire Circus”
- Read Bushwick Daily’s piece on the Thanks Living Installation
- Here’s Why Ariel Pink, Jello Biafra, Odd Nosdam, And Japanther All Make Music With Michael Alan