The Living Installation
The Living Installation is an 20 year running established not for profit museum and gallery performance. The concept behind holding the shows at Michael Alan’s private studio is to break the void between the artist and viewer. It brings people in a behind the scenes private process. people are usually pushed back out contemporary art in 2019. The studio shows play on the notion of privacy, space, and the climate of art now.From the studio of Michael Alan, visionary native NY artist born 77′. World renowned, highly collected, NYC’s wild child. His work has been exhibited in major museum shows (MET, New Museum, Sprit Museum), over 15 solo exhibitions, in over 400 museum articles, Art Walk, Village Voice Best in Show, The New York Times video, Brooklyn museum permanent collection, and at AFA Gallery duo exhibition with Dali. He has made music with Tommy Ramone, The Residents, Ramsey Jones, Tim “Love” Lee, Kenny Scharf, Japanther, The Krays, Geneva Jachuzzi, and Jello Biafra.
UPCOMING: 08/24 Gremlins and Critters
Gremlins and Critters
Saturday August 24th
8pm to midnight
At Michael Alan’s private Bushwick studio or join online and view a HD feed live
Tickets $40 suggested / $20 minimum. Select which works best for you. We are not for profit. We do this project because it is needed in our culture now!
Studio address provided with RSVP. Please reserve your spot ahead of time so we can accommodate you! Please allow some time for us to email you back with the address or online view information.
Gremlins and Critters… We become fantastical creepy silly and mischievous creatures from cult classic horror films projected onto us for our next show, Saturday August 24th!
Performance by Jadda Cat, Michael Alan, Sprout, Melinda Faylor, and Tim Love Lee of MOMA PS1 warm up, making live beats! 4 hours straight of transformative insanity with every material we can get onto us!
Forget the modern world forget structure and forget all your worries. This is a native New York grassroots authentic experience rather than a high end gallery show. Enjoy the magic, make a new friend! Have fun.
The Living Installation is a live expressive surreal mediative experience, a living movie acted out. The four-hour performance is broadcasted live worldwide, with limited availability to attend in person. Come to Bushwick, Brooklyn for an authentic, intimate view of an old NYC happening at Michael Alan’s private studio.
Artist couple, Michael Alan and Jadda Cat constantly morph materials, light, color, sound, and costume with their bodies mind and spirit to create ever-changing living sculpture. Michael Alan’s art comes to life! Jadda Cat’s energy transcends throughout eternity!
The Living Installation is a refreshening low-fi look into the essence of creation. It is a behind the scenes presentation of art rather than a gallery setting. The evening consists of wacky performance, body art, video projection, live music, and punk sounds, with comedic satirical elements, endless inspiration, and so much more. Over one hundred works of Michael Alan are on display.
This ongoing living art human project, has been going strong for close to 20 years in NYC, founded by Bushwick-born Michael Alan. He has been creating live shows in NYC since the 90s. He believes in preserving the raw essence of old New York.
Can’t make the show but wanna hear the sounds? Download the discography
Michael Alan Alien Bandcamp
• Photography permission is granted with signature of our photo release before capturing any images
• Images are intellectual property of The Living Installation. Photos and videos are for personal and documentation use only. They are not to be sold, repurposed or reproduced.
• Sharing on social media is welcomed with artistic credit to Micael Alan and The Living Installation IG @michaelalanalien @thelivinginstallation
• All photos and videos captured must be shared with The Living Installation (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) The Living Installation is allowed use of all images, and will attempt to, but is not required to credit the photographer.
• No flash please
THE LIVING INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
• Come to experience, not to expect. The Living Installation is a small scale creative session, not a class or party.
• Space is limited. Please be kind to the studio and aware of others around you.
• Address is provided with confirmation of ticket sale. All tickets must be obtained before the session and are non refundable. Click “add to cart” PayPal firstname.lastname@example.org or Venmo @Michael-Alan-5
• No drugs or alcohol.
BECOME A PATRON!
Please consider donating to keep the Living Installation going. We are a DIY, not for profit, 17 year old NYC grassroots project with endless expenses, no funding, no staff. Help keep the spiritual public art going! Sign up and donate and receive behind the scenes videos, photo, virtual shows, and more! We run on donations! Keep the mom and pop show glowing! Thank you!
Press pick: BUST Magazine’s preview of VAMPIRA!
Short film by Alan Ket, an amazing look into Alan’s work! Check out what its like to visit the studio!https://vimeo.com/214250577A few selected works out of over 50 publications about Michael Alan’s work and The Living Installation